Have you considered the possibility of going ductless as an alternative to central heating and cooling in your home? Because a major portion of your home’s energy usage is attributed to your comfort management activity, this is one of the most important areas of focus if you want to cut costs. Trimming your budget may seem challenging if you already use energy conservation strategies such as programming your thermostat and sealing air leaks to reduce your bills. Ductless systems offer some important benefits that may warrant your consideration if you want to take your energy savings to new levels.
What Is a Ductless System
A ductless mini system involves the coordination of a heat pump that is installed outside of a home with indoor air handlers that are installed in each living space. The air handlers are installed on walls, ceiling areas, or the floors of the home for delivery of conditioned air in those spaces. Refrigerant and electrical lines are connected between these units to promote the heat exchange process needed to heat or cool each area.
Comparing Ductless Systems to Central HVAC Equipment?
The most common approach to whole-home comfort management is a central forced-air system. This type of HVAC configuration relies upon ductwork to deliver air that has been heated or cooled. As the air moves through the system, each room along the circuit is moderated. A central thermostat signals the system to cycle on and off based on readings in its locations. The conditions in various rooms could vary from the temperatures registered on that central system control.
Ductless units require no ducts due to the placement of small air handlers in each room. As conditioned air is delivered to a living space, the temperature in that area is monitored independently so that the desired level is reached regardless of the conditions in other parts of the home. These units can be operated simultaneously if desired, but they can also be operated independently as needed.
Benefits of Ductless Air Conditioning and Heating
A conversion to ductless heating and cooling can provide many important benefits in your Brandon home. In addition to cutting costs, you can enhance your living environment in the following ways:
- Energy conservation – even in good condition, ducts can allow energy loss. In poor condition, ducts may represent 40 percent or more of the energy demands of your HVAC system. This issue is eliminated in ductless air conditioning and heating.
- Indoor air quality – bypassing the ductwork can prevent your whole-home air supply from being contaminated by mold, pet dander, and other debris that can accumulate in the ductwork.
- Noise levels – ductless equipment operates with minimal sound, improving the ambiance of your home environment.
- Fast installation – in most cases, the installation of ductless systems requires only one day of work, allowing your transition to occur quickly with minimal disruption in your home.
- Minimal visibility – equipment can be installed to make a minimal visual impact on your living space.
Before you decide to transition to ductless equipment, it is important to evaluate your home’s needs to ensure that this is an ideal solution for your home. A consultation with one of our experts at Dent Air Conditioning will help you to determine an appropriate system configuration.