Eventually, every homeowner will need to call a plumbing contractor to replace a water heater, fix a leak or perform emergency plumbing services. You might even be hiring a plumber to update a renovated kitchen or bathroom. If you search online or open the plumbing section of your local phone book, you’ll find a long list of plumbers. The problem is that you don’t know which company will offer the best service. That’s why it’s important to do your homework and ask the right questions before you hire anyone to perform plumbing services.
Questions to Ask Your Plumbing Contractor
- Ask for the company’s plumbing or builder’s license.
- Make sure that the contractor is bonded and fully insured.
- Verify the license number online or by calling the Mississippi State Board of Contractors at 800-880-6161.
- Get two or three local references, preferably from customers who had similar remodeling projects.
- Request a written estimate that’s completed after the plumber has visited your home.
- Find out what products will be used and how you’ll be expected to pay.
What to Look For
Ideally, you should look for a company like Dent Air Conditioning that’s been in business for many years and has a solid reputation. If you’re remodeling your bathroom and want to install a new Jacuzzi tub, you will need an electrician to perform the wiring. Find out if the company has a qualified electrician who can perform this service, and make sure that this charge is included on the estimate. Finally, ask if emergency plumbing services are available. If anything goes wrong, you need to know that it will be handled promptly.
Following these tips is the best way to ensure that your renovation goes smoothly, permits are secured and that all work meets Mississippi building codes. For more information on plumbing services and what you should look for in a contractor, check our plumbing page, or call our Jackson office at 601-912-0535.