Schedule an Appointment

  • (1) Appointment dates and times are subject to availability.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Electrical work often looks easy on TV shows about renovations. But an electrical mistake can lead to injuries, damage your electronics or cause fires. You might even have trouble complying with building codes and selling your home in Madison, Mississippi. To avoid these issues, have the work done by a professional electrician. The extra money is worth it to prevent dangerous, inconvenient and expensive problems.

Overloaded Outlets

Stuffing your outlets with lots of plugs and extension cords can trip one of the circuit breakers in your home. It can also cause:

  • Dimming lights
  • Buzzing outlets or switches
  • Warm spots around the outlet

If you notice any of these issues, move as many plugs as you can to outlets on other circuits. If that doesn’t help, seek professional help.

Short Wires

When cutting wires to install a switch or outlet, it’s easy to make them too short. This makes connections difficult and dangerous. You should have enough cable for a secure connection. For wires that aren’t long enough, have an expert splice in an extension.

Stuffed Electrical Boxes

Electrical or junction boxes often have too many wires stuffed too close to each other. This is against the National Electrical Code.

If you add additional outlets, lights or switches, have a professional look at your home’s junction box and calculate its ideal size. Replacing your box with a larger unit is relatively inexpensive, and it reduces your risk of fire. It can also get you a discount on your homeowners’ insurance.

Dent Air Conditioning is a Carrier Factory Authorized Dealer that can help you with all your electrical, HVAC and plumbing needs. We have more than 60 years of experience, and we can help you keep all of your home’s wiring working smoothly. For excellent and friendly service, call us at 601-912-0535.

Image provided by Shutterstock

Carrier FAD NATE Certified Energy Star